Thelema is one of the religions practiced in After the End. Thelemic is part of the Pagan religious group.
"Thelema is a British mystic religion/spiritual philosophy developed by Aleister Crowley, based on the law: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." It is a polytheistic religion that draws its pantheon of gods from the religious beliefs of Ancient Egypt. However, their highest deity is someone - or something - known only as "The Queen"." ― In-Game description of Thelemic
While Thelema enjoyed some brief popularity in the Old World, it never became a serious religion until it was adopted by the Royal Family of Great Britain.
THE FOLLOWING IS CONSIDERED SEMI-CANON CONTENT IN THE AFTER THE END LORE, SINCE THE INVASION HAPPENS AFTER 2666 IN A NON-CONFIRMED DATE This is one of the faiths imported from outside America by an invasion. Specifically, the faith arrives in the Redcoat invasion, that happens on the east coast in a moment unspecified but around 2815 - 2840. The success of the faith in America is thus directly related to the invasion's successes.
Thelemic Characters in 2666
There are no Thelemic characters in America as of 2666.
The British invaders take their single law to heart, and what they will do is conquer the best American cities.
- Boston - The birthplace of resistance to the Queen must be reconquered and scourged at all costs. It is the first target of the Invasion and, barring a miracle, will be the first to fall.
- Manhattan - The great seat of power of the Rebellion controls the waterways of the Northeast, and to control it is to rule the waves--a British faith that borders on instinct.
- Washington - Named after the hated enemy, control of this site is paramount if the power of the Queen is to be reasserted in the Colonies and the American faith shattered.
- Toronto - The mightiest of the cities in the Queen's seat of power in the New World, and the furthest inland of the five targets. Retaking Toronto will provide a means for the horrifying British fleets to scour the Great Lakes.
- Ottawa - The capital of Canada and thus the true heart of their Queen's power, the retaking of Ottawa is a message to the rest of Canada: kneel, or be forced to your knees.
Great Holy War Targets/Core Regions
Ordered in decreasing importance
- Kingdom of New England - 500 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Gotham - 500 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Columbia - 500 Crusade Weight
- Old Dominion(Kingdom) - 200 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Hudsonia - 100 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Ontario - 100 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Deitscherei - 50 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Quebec - 50 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Carolina - 50 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Allegheny - 25 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Michigan - 5 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Ohio - 5 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Chicagoland - 5 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Dixieland - 5 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of the Maritimes - 5 Crusade Weight
- Kingdom of Appalachia - 5 Crusade Weight
Priests can marry and inherit titles. Women may own temple holding and hold the spymaster position. Rulers can raid infidel neighbors for loot, and call a large host to prepare an invasion. There is no religious head, but the religion can be reformed to have one.
As of 2666, Thelema has 0.0 moral authority.
A priest of the Thelema faith is called a _.
- Thelema is based on a spiritual philosophy that exists in reality, which centers on self-improvement through Western esoteric magic.
- Thelema is the only religion in the game that starts with no moral authority. This is because it has none of it's holy sites (due to being absent from the continent) and that it is an unreformed religion (reformed religions automatically get 20 MA).
- Thelema is one of the three religions imported by an invasion, the others being the Nousthreskeia and Shinto.