Pelagic is one of the Religions practiced in After the End. Pelagic is part of the Nautical religious group.
"Followers of the Pelagic faith roam from the seven seas, much like their Brethren cousins. However, that is where the similarities end. Rather than live through piracy and murder, Pelagics instead draw on the natural gifts of the sea. In particular, Pelagics regard whales as the most powerful of all seaborne beings, capable of both giving and taking life at a moment's notice. Pelagics work to gain the favor of the sea goddess, Sedna, creator of the sea and mother of all it's creatures, so that she may give them her gifts via her first and greatest child- the whale." ― Pelagic description from the game
Pelagic characters in 2666
Independent & Their Vassals
- High Chief Laurent de Graff of Miquelon;
- Chief Irniq Arrluk of Kuujjuaq;
- Chieftess Jacquotte Gallante of Madeleine, also known as The Wolf;
- Chief Wilfred Morell of Natigosteg;
- Chief Yuralria Oonark of Kuujjuarapik;
- Chief Ishmael Pequod of Nantucket;
- Chief Desna Piaktok of Puvirnituq;
- Chief Natsiq Tagaq of Maquuvik, also known as The Misborn;
- St. John's
As of 2666, the Pelagic faith has a Moral Authority of 40.0
Weak rulers of the Pelagic faith can prepare invasions. Pelagic Priests can marry and inherit titles, and women can own temple holdings. Rulers can raid infidels and their fleets can navigate major rivers. There is (and can be) no religious head.
Men of Pelagic faith can take up to 3 concubines;
As of 2666, Pelagic has a 40.0 moral authority.
A temple holder of the Pelagic faith is called Pilot.