Paiute is a Culture in After the End. It's part of the Plateau Culture group.
The Paiute people live on the fringes of the Californian lands. Marginalization by the Celestial Empire has led to the Death Valley prefecture becoming independent and embracing the Battleborn Culture, and another player, if an unlikely one, on the scene of Old Cali. The Paiutes beyond California seem to instead want to consolidate themselves against their foreign domineers, them being one of the last nations to be ruled over by strangers. The Californian Paiutes adopted the Cetic faith, while those beyond Cali generally seem to lean either towards Gaianism or to Mormonism.
Paiute Characters in 2666
- High Chief Isappu Tagötöka of Northern Basin;
- Chief Paggwe Tagötöka of Duck Valley;
- Chieftess Lulu Tagötöka of Hart Mountain;
- Count Numaga Numagid of Carson;
- Count Wesepooggoo Wesepooggoo of Black Rock;
- Paiute Empire