A new "Muslim" sect based on the Shriners, mostly centered around southern Florida, worshipping such gods as Allah, Mohammed, Ali Baba, and Aladdin. The only Orientalist realm in the world is Agrabah, lead by the Ababwa dynasty, on Tampa Bay.
"Once a society of nobles known as the Shriners, centuries of isolation and outside influence set the Orientalist fiath on a path of its own. Orientalists try to incorporate the ancient rites of their order and legends from the old world into their religious practices, which many non-Orientalists decry as "distortions" in the faith. The Orientalist religious heirarchy answers to a high priest known as the Grand Sultan." ― in-game description of Orientalist
These are the five Orientalist holy sites in North America:
- Tampa, location of the pre-event Shriner headquarters
- Mototown, site of the Highland Park Mosque, the first ever mosque in North America
- Manhattan, the site of the founding of the Shriners in 1870.
All of the cities these holy sites are in have major Muslim communities. As of 2666, only the site of Orange is held by the Imam, who is a vassal to the Cetic king of Socal. The other two holy sites in Socal are ruled by the Cetics, the holy site of Mototown is ruled by Rust Cultists, and Hochelaga is ruled by Ursulines.
- The Grand Sultan can Exommunicate Orientalist characters.
- The Grand Sultan can grand divorces.
- The Grand Sultan can grant the Invasion Casus Belli.
- The Grand Sultan can grant Claims on titles.
- The Grand Sultan can call for a Jihad.
- Priests can inherit titles
- Priests can marry.
- Fleets can navigate major rivers.
- Rulers can raid infidel neighbors for loot.
- Population of other religion groups pay the infidel tax.
- Orientalist men can have up to 4 wives.
- There is always a Grand Sultan, landed or not.
- Orientalist rulers may gain access to the Mystic trait by decision.
A normal realm led by an Orientalist ruler will used the "Ghazi" government type instead of Feudal.
As of 2666, Orientalist has 30.3 moral authority.
A temple holder of the Orientalist faith is called an Genie.
Orientalist Characters in 2666
Independent & their vassals
- Za'eem Ammon-Jaffar of Suncoast
- Grand Sultan Tusi (Religious Head)
- One Thousand and One Knights, currently led by Grandmaster Elias
- Shaolin Company, currently led by Killah Priest
- Fruit of Islam, currently led by Captain ad-Dawlah