Neo-Gnosticism is one of the Religions practiced in After the End. Neo-Gnosticism is part of the Christian religious group, and is considered a heresy of the Catholic faith.
"Neo-Gnostism (re)emerged in Colorado ad a syncretic faith combining teachings coming from the Cetic west and the Catholic east. Neo-Gnostics have amalgamated the belief in the Christian God with the rejection of the material world often found in Cetic school of thought. They believe that Salvation can be found in worship of Christ and that they can find Elightenment through his teachings. Gnostics see material processions and desires as secondary to Oneness of God. They reject the material world (matter, flesh) as being the work of Satan and seek to embrace the 'Gnosis' of God (knowledge, enlightenment, salvation)." ― In-game description of Neo-Gnostism
- High God: God
- God Names: God, the Lord, Jesus and the Blessed Virgin
- Evil God Names: Satan, Lucifer, the Devil and the Demiurge
- Scripture: The Evangelion
The Neo-Gnostism faith first appeared in Colorado a few centuries after the Event and the establishing of the Papacy in St. Louis. The faith was created due to the influx of the western Cetic beliefs on the Catholic faith of the nobles and smallfolk of Colorado. They are considered a Catholic heresy owing to their agreement with the Catholic understanding of God and the Saints, while dismissing the teachings of most Cetic Gurus.
In present day, Neo-Gnostism still survives in Colorado, and a lord of Neo-Gnostic faith has also ascended to rule in the north, in Alberta.
- Las Vegas
- Salt Lake
As of 2666, no Holy Sites are held by Neo-Gnostics, as there are no playable characters of this faith.
- Rulers can order adult unlanded courtiers to take the vows
- Priests (Temple Holders) can inherit titles
- Religion allows women to hold Temple Holdings
- No opinion penalty against female rulers and heirs
- Fleets can navigate major rivers
- There is (And can exist) no religious head
- May have ambitions to remove vices.
- Homosexual Neognostic rulers are allowed to marry other homosexual characters.
As of 2666, Catholicism has a 20.0 moral authority. A temple holder of the Neo-gnostic faith is called a bishop. Neo-gnostic rulers can mend the Urusline schism if they control St. louis, Quebec City, and are not considered a heresy anymore. Neognostic rulers can abdicate the throne and become a "Perfectus", a perfect follower of god.
- While Neo-Gnosticism is not a real faith, it's based on the ancient Gnostic beliefs that originated in the Middle East in the first and second centuries AD.
- Neo-Gnosticism the only catholic heresy with different holy sites.