Maya is a culture in After the End. It is part of the Mayan Culture group.
Before the arrival of Columbus, the Maya had one of the most advanced empires in the known world. Masters of architecture, astronomy, and land management, the Maya were at the height of their power until European contact led to plague and war. Though their Empire collapsed, the people remained as one of the largest native populations on the continent after colonization. Free from the yoke of European rule, the Maya once again have their eyes set on the Yucatan.
Maya Characters in 2666
- Duke Tabscoob Bolonchen of Petén
- Ajaw Damil Mendivil of Chiapas
- Ajaw Popol Hol Nakbe of Zapata
- Ajaw Camazotz Xlapak of Verapazes, often called "the Ill-Ruler"
- Captain Chac-Xib-Chac of Plumed Archers
- Captain Qaholom of Warriors of Itza
- Count Maximon Lubaantun of Chetumal
- Mayan Empire