Istmeño is a Culture in After the End. It is part of the Centrolatino Culture group.
The Istmeño people are the descendants of the Panamanians who inhabit the eponymous Isthmus (from where the term Istmeño derives). One of the only cultures to have access to both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, the Istmeño have strong mercantile traditions, with the portage across what was once the Panama Canal being an extremely lucrative trade route. This influx of wealth has allowed the Istmeño to consolidate, with most people swearing fealty to the King of Puente Grande.
Istmeño Characters in 2666
- King Xavier II Escobar of Puente Grande
- Duke Javier Moralez of Costa Rica
- Count Yonder Buitron of Azuero
- Count Hilario Orozco of Chiriqui
- Countess Dinorah Riascos of Veraguas
- Countess Agatha Rossel of Bocas del Toro
- Capitán Ezeuiel of Canaleros
- Boss Floyd of Dogs of War
- Captain Raul of Panamax Company
- Captain Orlando Bello of Coiba, often called "the Mad"
- Harbormaster Edwin Delgado of Santa Marta
- Count Josimar Escobar of Las Perlas
- Istmeño Empire
- Puente Grande